How to Apply Bronzer
Posted on July 6, 2012 by Charmie Stryker
So maybe you don’t get to spend as much time in the sun as you want, or maybe you want a nice golden glow before your big beach trip, that’s when we turn to our bronzer. I’m a big believer in using bronzer year-round to add warmth and a healthy glow to your face and body. Meanwhile, it’s also a common mistake to go overboard causing our face to look orangey or be a completely different color from our neck.
- The 3 stroke rule is easy to remember. Always do a light swipe creating a number 3 shape on both sides of the face. Starting with your forehead, across your lower cheekbones and along jawline while blending onto your neck.
- Look for bronzers that are a fit for your skin tone, or products with more than one shade such as our Bungalo Glow Mineral Bronzer. Always dust lightly and slowly build up color to prevent harsh uneven streaks of color.
- Bronzers are also great for contouring, once you have applied bronzer, you can follow up with lighter or shimmery shade along cheekbones to the temple and on bridge of nose to create depth.
- Its great for face and body! So take advantage of the way bronzer can contour by applying on cleavage, or using a liquid bronzer such our Day at the Beach face and body bronzer to glide on arms, shoulders, and legs for a slimming effect.
- Liquid bronzer is also great for applying to face underneath a powder to keeps the finish from appearing too dry and flat.
- Lastly, bronze hues are complimentary across many makeup products such as eye shadows and lipstick. To maximize bronzer’s capability we have combined it into a Bungalo Glow Bronzing Palette. It has everything you need to get your perfect summer glow. Seven gorgeous golden bronze shades all in one convenient package.
Find these bronze hued, hypoallergenic and summertime ready makeup at raecosmetics.com. If you ever have any questions or would like to schedule a Rae makeover please feel free to contact our team of professional make up artists here in Austin.